In our busy lives and with life challenges of modern times, there is little time for relaxation, meditation and be with our inner selves in peace. But, as everything in life, especially busy modern moms, like me, it's sometimes feel that we are losing it so it is important to make/create that daily peaceful time for ourselves to stay connected spiritually. I personally choose the early morning to meditate, say my prayers, reflect and "fine-tune" myself for the day I was recently awakened to.
Below are 10 ways to stay spiritually connected by Marianne Williamson as published in the O Magazine this for this month. It is a beautiful Mother's Day gift for ourselves if we can follow this every day to have a sense of unlimited peace:
- Recognize your Creator – this will make you humble.
- Seek opportunities to put more love into the world – this makes you loving and lovable.
- Set aside time each day spend in spiritual reflection and contemplation – this step makes you stronger.
- Become more accepting – this will make you gracious.
- Forgive anyone you have not forgiven – this will make you kind.
- Recognize your mistakes – this will make you responsible.
- Try to see the good in others – this will make you positive.
- Take stock of your thoughts and behavior – this makes you grow.
- Bless the world – this makes you beautiful.
- Use each interaction to be the best, most powerful version of yourself – this makes you a conduit of a powerful force called loved or God's love.
Happy Mother's Day!
– The Moms Buzz
source: O Magazine, May 2010 Edition