Due to the fast-paced life of modern motherhood, many of us have our hair care low in our beauty priority list. We just put it up on bun, and out the door we are for whatever life awaits us. But, our hair does suffer from the unforgiving cold weather just like our skin.
Harsh temperatues can cause our hair to be dry, brittle and even frizzy. This is why I have 5 great beauty tips to care for your care during the winter.
1. Have a hair cut. Have a nice hair cut at the beginning of the cold seasons. This will make sure all of the dry, split and brittle ends are gone.
2. Skip a wash. Skipping a wash, will allow natural oils to keep your hair moisturized and avoid overdrying strands.
3. Over-condition your hair. Your hair needs protection and moisture to stay fresh and healthy during the cold, dry winter months. Conditioners will do just that. When applying your conditioner be extra generous, and keep your conditioner in the hair after applying it at least one extra minutes of what the directions recommend.
4. Wash it with Luke warm water. I know, I know, when it is cold you want your shower to extra hotter than normal. But, once you have washed your body, and then it’s your hair’s turn, try to turn your water to be luke warm, and if you are brave enough, cold to wash and rinse. Luke warm and cold water tend to lock in moisture into your hair.
5. Be gentle when drying your hair with a towel. I like to use the microfiber hair towels because they are ultra-absorbent, hold in place, and are designed to reduce frizz and drying time. Avoid pat or rub drying your hair with regular towels as they too harsh on your hair and can cause breakage.
Try these 5 beauty tips for your care and let me know how it goes.