We are only a 2 weeks away from Thanksgiving, just in time to prepare our checklist and start thinking about our menu. But you must start today so that you can use this great countdown Thanksgiving Checklist by Rachel Ray. Plus, it works really well with a big bird and small budget Thanksgiving menu that she recommends, but you can certainly adapt it to whatever dishes you are planning on making for your own feast. Here is the checklist:
7 Days Before
- Bake layers for the cake you are planning on making; let cool, then wrap in plastic wrap and freeze.
- Prepare crusts for the pies, then wrap in plastic wrap and freeze.
3 Days Before
- Clean out the fridge to make room for the ingredients.
- Place the turkey on a tray in the refrigerator to thaw (if frozen).
- Bake, toast and soak cornbread or other key ingredient for the stuffing.
2 Days Before
- Make the salad dressing and toast any nuts you may be using for the salad.
- Prepare the stuffing and bake up to the last 15 minutes.
- Measure out ingredients for the turkey and gravy and place together.
1 Day Before
- Set the table and put out serving platters, bowls and utensils.
- Bake and refrigerate the pies, cakes or desserts you are offering.
- Make and refrigerate the filling and frosting for the desserts.
Last Day & Last Minute
- Assemble the desserts for eating.
- Cook the bird, stuffing and potatoes.
- Assemble the salad.
-The Moms’ Buzz