Remember those college years when the weekend started on Thursdays? Yes, busy moms' weekends do not start sometimes until Saturday, but a mini happy hour at home could work wonders. With the Oscars just in a few days, Moms Buzz thought a celebrity named-after drink would give you a little pop feeling, and it is so easy to make: The Angelina Jolie Drink!
The following makes 1 drink only, but that would be enough unless you would like your husband to join you…
The Angelina Jolie Drink
- 2 oz (1/4 cup) Speyside single-malt Scotch such as Glenfiddich
- 1 oz (2 Tbsp) St-Germain (elderflower liqueur)
- Thin slices of kumquat for garnishing
What you do next:
- Pour Scotch and St-Germain over ice cubes in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake for 10 seconds, then strain into a Martini glass.
– The Moms Buzz
“Bar” Martini Glass by LSA International ($48 for two; lekkerhome.com, 877-7LEKKER)