Who does not like to get things for free? I would be the first raising my hand! I love free goodies. How about a free stay at a luxurious hotel in Guatemala City all paid for and save a big chunk of money in a family vacation? Yep, we did two years ago through the American Express Rewards Program.
At home, we use our American Express Membership Rewards card to pay for everything in our lives; anywhere American Express card is accepted, we use it to pay… from groceries to clothing, from outings, entertainment, trips to medical care, you name it! Over two years we accummulated so many reward points that we were able to redeem them for a 5-day stay at the Westin Camino Real Hotel in Guatemala City! My 25th school year reunion was in Guatemala, and instead of going by myself, we made it a family vacation. Next time, I am not sure what we will redeem our points for, but I know for sure that it will be something just as exciting!
If you are not enrolled in the American Express Rewards Program, I have to tell you that you are letting go an opportunity to save on items you like, a family vacation, on flying miles, or acquire things you'd really like to get for less money or free. Some items require more points than others as you can imagine.
Now that American Express Membership Rewards celebrates it’s 20th Anniversary, sky is the limit. When it was first launched 20 years ago it was innovative and over the years it has continued to innovate through new partners, categories and features. The program even now offers more than a million rewards from so many different brands, you would be surprised to see what all there is to choose from. Millions of card members have redeemed their points for things from movie tickets to trips to fine resorts.
One thing we love about the American Express Membership Rewards points is that they do not expire!!! You can accumulate and accumulate as life goes on.
Here are some tips on what you need to know to earn more points and enjoy more rewards:
- Points Don’t Expire: Membership Rewards points are ready when you are – today, tomorrow or whenever – and there’s no limit to how many you can earn.
- Rewards at a Few Points: From Gap to Old Navy to Bath & Body Works, you can find gift cards starting at just 1,000 points.
- Travel Your Way: Use the Pay with Points feature to book flights, hotels, cruises and vacation packages. Fly any airline, anytime without seat restrictions or blackout dates. Use points to pay for all or part of your trip.
- Find Great Deals: membershiprewards.com/specials, you can save points with great deals on select rewards like electronics, travel, entertainment, home accessories and more. New items are added regularly and we’ll keep you posted on upcoming weekly deals. You can also get bonus Membership Rewards points as you shop online with inSite from American Express – it’s a free online shopping tool that automatically notifies you of special offers when you use your Amex Card.
- More Choices to Use Points: You can now link your Membership Rewards account to your Amazon, Zynga and/or Ticketmaster accounts and automatically use your points for purchases when you check out at these sites. This one is so neat!! We do quite a bit of shopping on Amazon.com!
- Redeeming is Easy: Go to membershiprewards.com to explore the variety of options and redeem points. Just check your balance, choose your reward, and click to redeem.
For my family, the American Express Rewards Program has been great! You just need to use your card for everything. Build an infrastructure in your household in such a way your American Express card is your default card for purchasing online, offline and paying for everything…just like the old Amex phrase goes: "Don't leave home without it,"
Swipe it good!
- This is a sponsored post and compensation was provided by American Express via Glam Media
- The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of American Express.
About The American Express Membership Rewards Program: The Membership Rewards program from American Express offers more than a million rewards from over 500 brands. The program allows Cardmembers to earn one point for virtually every dollar charged on eligible, enrolled American Express Cards, with many opportunities to earn points faster. Membership Rewards points are redeemable in a wide selection of reward categories. Points have no expiration date, and there is no limit on the number of points a Cardmember can earn. For more information about the Membership Rewards program, visit http://www.membershiprewards.com.