Although this is a sponsored post by Nestlé® Pure Life®, the opinions expressed herein are mine and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Nestlé® Pure Life®.
How I got my kids to drink water most of the time, to be honest, was not a difficult task. It is way much easier than potty training them because getting kids to drink water is not a process, it is a choice and a decision that you make at home.
As everything in life, you have a choice and you need to make decisions. As parents, we are faced with a very challenging job to raise our children the best possible way – good education, good social skills, a healthy diet, an active lifestyle, and the list goes on and on. The good news is that a healthy diet and a successful active lifestyle start with one ingredient: water. Yet, drinking water is one of the biggest health habit struggles moms have with their kids (38%), even more than struggles like eating fruit (29%) or getting enough exercise (23%) according to a survey that Nestlé® Pure Life® did on 2015.
The problem, as you know, is that sodas, fruit drinks, sports drinks and other sugary beverages are crowding water out of the kids’s diet. Today, beverages account for 47% of added sugars in the US American Diet and more than 13% of callers consumed per day.
Since our children’s diet is in our hand, it is where we come in as parents, we need to make a choice and a definite decision to eliminate all of these non-essential drinks in our children’s every day life and follow the newly released 2015 Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommends that the primavera beverage consumed hold be either caloric-free, low-fat milk or 100% natural juice.
Not only does water is a much healthier choice by far when it comes to getting adequate levels of hydration, but also it is indispensable for the proper functioning of our vital organs.
Teaching our children the healthy habit of drinking water is smart parenting.
How I Got My Kids to Drink Water 95% of the Time
- I eliminated sodas and any sugary beverages in the house – cold turkey style – across the board.
- Made water popular at home. Only water is drunk at home for lunch and dinner. Low-fat milk at breakfast or 100% natural home made juice.
- From home to school. Only bottled water or tap water goes into their lunch boxes.
- Only water is drunk while doing sports – no sports beverages or vitamin waters.
- When we go out for dinner or lunch, they are free to choose their beverage of preference. It’s a treat, just like ice cream. That is why I say 95% of the time.
- Be sure to raise your shield because they will complain until they get use to it.
- Do they miss their sugary beverages? Not anymore!
In order to encourage you to take on this challenge – yes, another one – I invite you and your children to participate in this amazing contest called “Share Your Smile”. Let’s take a look of what it involves: creativity and determination to make the right choice to gain back a healthy habit in your family’s lifestyle. Now, let’s take a look of what the contest is about.
NESTLER® PURE LIFE®, “Share Your Smile” Label Design Contest:
Nestlé® Pure Life® invites parents to have their children Draw What Makes Them Smile and enter their child’s design in the contest for a chance to have their child’s design included in the 2017 Share-a-Smile bottle label collection. Let’s watch this video together to learn more about it and also keep the below listed details in mind:
- The will be two Grand prize winners. Plus, each will receive a $25,000 college scholarship, a trip for four to Florida and NESTLÉ® PURE LIFE® Purified Water for a year (awarded as 24 coupons, each good for a half liter or 8 ounce 24-pack of Nestlé Pure Life Purified Water).
- Parents of Kids are asked to visit www.shareyoursmilecontest.com where they can download the “Share Your Smile” design template and find the Official Rules for the contest and instructions for the design.
- The contest will run from April 7, 2016 – June 6, 2016. The winners will be announced on or about August 16, 2016.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
- Parents or legal guardians must be at least 18 years of age and legal U.S. residents residing in the 50 United States or D.C. Contest void outside the 50 United States and D.C. and where prohibited.
- For full Official Rules, submission guidelines and prize details/ARVs, visit www.shareyoursmilecontest.com. Sponsor: Nestlé Waters North America Inc., Stamford, CT.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Nestle® Pure Life® . The opinions and text are all mine.