Think about it, when it comes down to food for Halloween, sweet treats are the winners. Halloween Cupcakes are my children’s favorite. My challenge and my preference is always to make them as healthy as I can. So my cupcakes are usually fruit-based. You will love this wonderful and easy-to-make recipe. Just get the right ingredients and put your imagination to work when it comes to decorating your Halloween Cupcakes.
Recipe for a Healthy Halloween Cupcake
These are banana-based cupcakes. They combine the flavor of classic banana bread with a creamy cheese frosting.
Ingredients | Healthy Halloween Cupcakes
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 11/2 cups smashed bananas (about 4 ripe bananas)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Preparation of the Cupcakes | Healthy Halloween Cupcakes
- Preheat overn to 350ºF. Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners or cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt (= flour mixture).
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. In the well, mix together butter, mashed bananas, eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in to incorporate the rest of the flour mixture of the sides, but do not overmix.
- Dividing evenly, spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean. Tip: always insert in the middle of the cupcake.
- Remove from the over and let the cupcakes cool on a wire rack.
- Spread the cream cheese frosting and decorate creatively for Halloween.
Preparation of the Creamy Cheese Frosting | Healthy Halloween Cupcakes
- 1 package of cream cheese Philadelphia or that of your preference.
- 1 of confection sugar
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- Blend all the ingredients together until you get a creamy consistency. If too hard, soften it with a bit of milk.
- You can refrigerate up to 8-9 days in the fridge.
Decoration | Healthy Halloween Cupcakes
To decor your cupcakes for a Halloween theme in these particular cupcakes, I got a back of plastic rings, which sinks nicely into the frosting, Wilton cupcake wraps, accents and colored icing.
Have fun with decorating these delicious cupcakes.