We all want to save money, be smart about our spending and manage well our debt, if we have some. In this occassion, TheMomsBuzz.com brings you an expert guest author, Jason Holmes, who will give us some tips on how we plan better the way we spend through budgeting, couponing and other debt managing tips.
Planning the natural way through budgeting couponing & managing debt
by Jason Holmes
Mr. Micawber construed his idea on economics to David Copperfield. According to him if a man has 20 pounds and if he spends 19 pounds, 19 shillings, and sixpence, then he is going to be a happy man. However, if the same person spends the whole of the pound altogether, he is going to be a miserable man. In our modern world, understanding this fact is extremely important. We need to understand that we should spend money in such a way so that we can also save and maintain a proper balanced budget. This can help us avoid incurring debts and we will no more be required to live miserably; though it is true that there are various debt relief options like debt consolidation, debt settlement, debt management and so on.
Budgeting and couponing
Budgeting is essential for your finances and thus, budgeting should come to you naturally. Along with this, if you practice couponing, you may be able to save more money. That is what majority of the people do. But, very few people fail to maintain a proper budget and couponing. If you would really like to take the advantage of couponing, it is important for you to remain organized.
Budgeting helps you avoid overspending. So, what are the things that you should do in order to practice proper budgeting?
- Try to find a proper budget planner – Budgeting can help you save money but for that you need to device a budget in a proper way. In order design a proper budget, you will be required to research for a proper budget planner those are available over the internet.
- Remember to include variable expenditure in the budget – Expenditure can be divided into two main parts – fixed and variable. You need to remember this fact while budgeting. If you fail to include variable expenditure in your budget, the whole thing is going to go wrong.
- Analyze the budget from time to time – You will be required to analyze your budget from time to time. This is important because finance cannot be static and so you will also be required to do the necessary changes to your budgeting. Without analyzing the budget, it won’t be possible to do changes on the budget if and as required.
What are the things that you should do in order to do proper couponing? In order to do proper couponing you will be required to:
- Remain organized – Proper couponing will mean being organized. Simply cutting out coupons and stuffing them in a diary won’t do. You need to organize and maintain the coupons as per the dates so that you can use those within the discount dates.
- Check out newspapers – Remember to check the newspapers everyday minutely before sending those over in the old paper stack. Many manufacturers and stores include coupons in the newspapers.
- Check the store receipts – From next time, remember to keep the store receipts to yourself. After coming home check all of those to find out if any of the receipts have printed coupons or discounts at the back.
- Discuss with friends – You need to discuss with your friends about the coupons you have and the ones they have. This can help you with exchanging coupons as per your requirements. For example, if you don’t need a particular coupon but your friend is in need of that, you can exchange this for another coupon.
All of these together can help you not only to save money but also to manage your debts. Moreover, if you have any other additional debts, you can use this money to pay off debts through consolidation and start proper debt management too.
Jason Holmes for TheMomsBuzz.com.
About the guest author:
Jason Holmes is a regular writer with Debt Consolidation Care and is also a contributory writer with other financial sites. His expertise is woven around various aspects of the debt industry and with his e-books he tries to impart to people the different situations and simple solutions to get out of difficult situations. Some of his works include e-books like ‘Credit Score The Quintessential Therapy for a Happy Pocket’, Take Creditors and Collection Agencies to Small Claims Court’ and, My Story- From Depression To a Smile’. Follow us on: http://www.facebook.com/debtconsolidationcare.