Arugula is the green in season. Although it is available all year round, it is at its very best during spring and summer. Here is some produce tips on buying and storing arugula!
- mature arugula is sold in bunches
- baby and wild arugula is sold loose in packages
- always look for perky green leaves without spots or blemishes
- arugula can be sandy so submerge it well in cold water to clean thoroughly
- drain in and spin dry gives you the best results
- wrap leaves in towels and refrigerate in a plastic bag for up to 3 days
- refresh limp arugula by plunging it into ice water
Enjoy in delicious salads and paste dishes per your favorite recipes.
– The Moms Buzz
source: Food Every Day, June 2010 edition