Are staying in for Valentine's? If you are here is a complementary salad for your Valentine's menu: Romaine Sweet Hearts by David McCann from Every Day with Rachel Ray. The salad is of course for 2 people only, you and your other half, and it just takes 20 minutes to prepare with love and care! Here's the complete scoop:
Romaine Sweet Hearts
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup chopped hearts of palm
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- 1/2 pomegranate
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce from the heart
- love and care seasoning
- In a medium bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, mint and lemon juice. Add the artichoke hearts, hearts of palm and avocado and toss to combine. Season with salt.
- In a bowl of water, peel the pomegranate to release the seeds; drain. Spoon the tossed salad onto the lettuce leaves and sprinkle the pomegranate seeds on top.
– The Moms Buzz
source and image: Every Day with Rachel Ray, February 2008