After school studying is always challenging for children and parents. It is hard for children because they are tired of a full day at school plus of any other extra curricular activities we may have signed up for. For parents, it also quite a challenge when they are still small and depend on us to get their work done, when it is time for dinner and kitchen cleaning.
But to make our lives easier, it is alway a good strategy to talk to our children about little steps they can make to study in a smarter way so that when it is time to do homework, it is easiers for all the involved.
A good approach to teach these skills/steps to your child is be telling her/him that no one is born knowing how to study, and that she needs to learn a few study skills and then practice them.
Why work on your study skills? It will make it easier for them to learn and do well in class, especially as they move up to middle school and high school.
- Pay attention in class.
- Take good notes.
- Plan ahead for tests and projects.
- Break it down. (If they have a bunch of stuff to learn, break it into smaller chunks.)
- Ask for help if they get stuck in class and at home.
- Get a good night’s sleep!
Hopefully with these little steps, children can perform better at school and at homework time.
Happy back to school!
- Compensation was provided by Country Crock via Glam Media.
- The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Country Crock.