The summer is always more fun at the beach or at the pool which makes sun care much more important during this season due to the prolonged hours of sun exposure. There are certain sun care tips and essentials for the beach and pool that I would like to share with you so that when your family is out by the water, you can enjoy the summer with uninterrupted fun.
Sun Care Tips for the Beach and Pool
1. Plan Ahead. As the summer approaches and the family starts being outdoors for a long duration of the day, it is important that you plan ahead of time and get all your sun care essentials, such as sunscreens, after-sun lotions, hats, summer water toys and other items you may feel you need to have a great time by the water.
2. Never Run Out. When it comes being out in the sun, you want to make sure you have enough sun care products so that you do not run out; you’ve got to take into account that kids tend to lose things so make sure their pool/beach bags have 2-3 sunscreens all the time. I surely load my shopping cart at Walmart with plenty of Banana Boat® sunscreens for the face and body.
3. Don’t Wait Until You Are Outside. For sunscreens to work properly and effectively, you want to spray or smear your sunscreen 20-30 minutes before exposing yourself openly to the sun. Teach your children to remember this advice so that they can play and have fun with less risk of sunburn.
4. Check the Expiration Date. Buying lots of sunscreen is not only an investment to your health but also you want to get the most out of it. However, keeping a sunscreen from season to season may not be a good idea if it has expired. Every single product out there has an expiration date and sunscreens are no different. If there is a little left in your bottle ensure it will last for next season, if not simply throw it away.
5. Don’t Forget Your Eyes. Believe or not, it is not a good idea to put regular sunscreen meant for the body around the eyes. The eyes are delicate and very sensitive to chemicals and lotions, it always better to use sunscreen especially made for the face and eye. For eye sun care I would recommend Banana Boat® Sport Performance Sunscreen Stick SPF 50.
Sun Care Essentials for the Beach and Pool
1. Sun Care Products. Buy lots of sunscreens, after-sun lotions, eye sun protection products of your preferred brand. I have been trying lately the Banana Boat® sun care products, and I am very happy with the results. Sunscreens are your #1 items in your sun care essentials list.
2. Hats with Large Brims. Hat are your skins best friend after sunscreen products. You will want to make sure the hats that you wear at the pool or the beach have a large brim to provide maximum sun protection. For little kids, you can get them hats that will even cover their neck. Baseball caps will not cut it.
3. Sunglasses. They are undoubtedly your eyes’ best protection. Choose sunglasses that provide full protection against ultraviolet light. Since UV eye damage is cumulative over a lifetime, you want to make sure that the sunglasses you get have at least UV 100 to up UV 400 protection, which means that they block the tiniest UV rays.
4. Rashguards with SPF. Thanks to technology we are able to get these wonderful rashguards with SPF of 50. These are excellent to wear during a long day of sun exposure to give your skin a break and still be sun-protected by the water.
5. Bottles of Water. Keep Keeping your family and especially kids hydrated is extremely important during the summer. Have them drink lots of water so that they do not become dehydrated. Kids don’t realize that being in the pool can be dehydrating and replenishing all body fluids during the hot summer days can only be accomplished by drinking water or other juices low in sugar.
Check out my other post about sun protection and summer fun, Protect Against the Sun for a Fantastic Summer & Uninterrupted Fun.
– Adriana/ The Moms Buzz
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Banana Boat® . The opinions and text are all mine.