End of school year is when I do some planning for back to school, but this year things got so busy that I missed doing certain key things. On top of that, things went a bit different during the summer. I did not plan our summer vacation, but my husband did, and of course, certain dates were not kept into consideration. So, our main vacation travel was the week before school, coming back the day before! This left me without a prep week!
So here are the things I missed, but will certainly keep in mind for next back to school:
- Summer vacations earlier. Make sure your summer vacation is not right before back to school. Children do need that "back-to-school-routine" training week. It just makes family dynamics so much smoother and keep harmony AT HOME!
- Supply Kit Program. Sign up for the school supply kit program at the end of the school year. You can pick up the school supply kits and any additional items you ordered at the school's open house or first day of school. It may be a bit more expensive, but it is one less thing to do when your children are still young. The convenience is so much worth the extra dollars. When they are older, they like to go shopping for their school supplies.
- Online Groceries. If you do not have the time or missed groceries shopping, get online for your lunch box needs. If Peapod.com by Giant is available in your city, USE IT!
- Free-Tax Days. You got to take advantage of this opportunity to not pay sale taxes. Many states do this a few days during August to incentivate shopping for back to school. Make sure you bring all your coupons so that the saving is even more substantial! Store like Office Depot, Target, Walmart and even many groceries offer savings coupons during back to school time.
- Doctor's appointment. I missed the dentists'. I had to cancel my appointments because of my vacation. But, it is always a great idea to get these well being checkups out of the way for at least the next 6 months.
Enjoy your school year!
– The Moms Buzz
This post has been sponsored by Target.