When we think of Espsom Salt we usually think of its health benefits. But, you will be amazed to learn how many ways you could use Epsom Salt with beauty in mind and in the comfort of your home spa. For starters, the beauty benefits that Epsom Salt gives are:
- May soften skin and exfoliate
- Provides magnesium, which has been shown to:
- Ease stress
- Lower blood pressure
- Create a happy, relaxed feeling
- Raise energy levels
Here are some beauty tips provide by the Epsom Salt Council that you will simply love:
- Pedicure: Mix half a cup of Epsom salt with some warm, soapy water to soften skin and calluses and dry out the bacteria from blisters. Next, remove old polish with a cotton pad soaked with nail polish remover, cut nails straight across with clippers then file them square to remove sharp edges. Soak for five minutes, dip a file into the water and use it to smooth your heels, the balls of your feet and the outer edges of your pinkie toes.
- For a relaxing soak: Add two cups of Epsom Salt to the water in a standard-sized bathtub; soak for at least 12 minutes, three times weekly. For an extra treat, add a few drops of eucalyptus oil for a refreshing scent.
- To exfoliate: Mix 2 cups of Epsom Salt with ¼ cup of petroleum jelly and a few drops of lavender essential oil. Use the mixture to gently scrub away dry skin patches.
- Facial: Mix ½ TSP of Epsom Salt into cleansing cream for a deep-pore cleansing. Massage on skin. Rinse with cool water. Pat dry.
- Spa treatment: After showering, massage handfuls of Epsom Salt over wet skin to exfoliate the body. It’s the same treatment many upscale spas use, without the upscale price!
- Bath crystals: Mix two cups of Epsom Salt with a few drops of fragrance to create a custom bath crystal. Add a few drops of food coloring or ½ TSP of glycerin if you like. Store in an air-tight container.
- Natural Hair Volumizer: Combine equal parts warm conditioner and Epsom salt, work the mixture through your hair and leave for 20 minutes.